Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Ideal Muslim Mother

Assalamalikum,

Just a thought I wanted to share.

Alhamdulillah this ramadan I've met so many inspirational people mashallah.May Allah SWT bless them all.

To begin with,I met a lady whose oldest son has been writing tafsir of the holy quran.She gave me his tafsir of Surah Taha.Her oldest kid is 30 years old and newly married.He's a computer science engineer mashallah.Yet he finds the time at night to write the tafsir of the holy quran.He also makes sincere dua to Allah SWT to accept it and to get people to read from it.So his mom volunteered to pass the books around in the masjid mashallah.

She has 2 other sons.Her youngest son is a hafiz mashallah.She moved to NY from Sri Lanka 25 years ago.She's been living in NJ since the last 12 years mashallah.She told me her older boys could not attend islamic school.They studied at public school.
She seemed so old and tired cos of Ramadan but mashallah everytime the Imam recited a surah during the taraweeh, she would turn to me and ask,"Do you know what surah is that?".And then she would tell me the name of the surah.

On our first meeting, she asked me if I had children.I told her I did not have any kids yet cos I've been married only for an year.She then went on to advise me to raise my kids the right way cos there's so much fitnah around.She was like the mother's lap is the first school for children.She also advised me to make the best use of my time as I don't go to school or work or have children.

May Allah SWT bless her for she's been such a source of inspiration to me.

After the short conversation we had in between taraweeh prayers,I learnt a very important thing that we as muslims need to learn.In those 15 minutes, she made dawah to me.SubhanAllah.She spoke very softly.But with a lot of confidence mashallah.And she made me feel like I could do this too.I could also talk to people about our deen and how to improve our practicing of the deen.

Another important thing I realized is the way you approach people.mashAllah she was saying salamalikum to almost everyone there and she would personally walk up to them and inquire about them.If she didn't see someone at the taraweeh prayers the next day, she would approach them and talk to them in a concerned manner mashallah.She has beautiful manners mashallah which made her very approachable to people.And because of her care in her speech and her concern for them, she could very smoothly talk to them about improving ourself in our deen mashallah.

May Allah SWT guide us all and help us in making dawah.

This isn't a thought by the way its actually a short story :~ Sorry.

Assalamalikum

2 comments:

  1. Assalamu Alaikum sis,
    Nice blog. :-) And was impressed with the lady masha Allah. I am a Sri Lankan too. :-)
    Alisha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Assalamalikum sister,

    Jazak Allah khayr for dropping by :) inshallah I'll add you to my blog roll so we can stay in touch

    ReplyDelete