Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Ramadan

Assalamaalikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu,

A very happy Eid to all .....Eid Mubarak.

I've been so busy during the last few days with ramadan and eid alhamdulillah.I've been busy with ibadat as well as with cooking alhamdulillah and I've improved so much alhamdulillah.I haven't been much of a cook since I started cooking an year ago soon after I got married and moved to NJ.Recently, I read a real life story about a newly married lady like myself who wasn't that great a cook.But alhamdulillah she learnt to cook quite well.She had a little secret behind her success.Her secret recipe was to recite Surah Ikhlas as well as glorify Allah SWT while cooking.I've been trying that too and alhamdulillah I've noticed (my hubbby too) that I've improved considerably.SubhanAllah and alhamdulillah.

I cooked yummy Hyderabadi haleem as well as chicken biryani a couple of times.If anyone feels like having either of those, you're invited ;)

Besides all that cooking, alhamdulillah I tried my best to do extra ibadat especially during the last ten days of ramadan.We spent a major part of the night in the masjid alhamdulillah.The imam is Egyptian and has a beautiful recitation subhanAllah.He utilises the technique where he repeats the ayah/verses that talk about death,life after death/akhirah,the grave,day of judgement as well as heaven and hell.He does that with so much emotion that you imagine if aooozobillah/God forbid you were to die that very day and had no time to repent...no time to seek forgiveness from Allah SWT for missing prayers,listening to haram stuff,doing gheebah,showing off and so much more.Astagfirullah.He really made us cry alhamdulillah.I felt my heart was so cold astagfirullah that I wouldn't react with any emotion after listening to a verse from the Holy Quran.So alhamdulillah that felt so good and I pray to Allah SWT to accept our tawbah.

I pray Allah SWT guide us to jannah.
I pray He accepts our siyaam,qiyaam,salah and sadaqa.
I pray He forgives our shortcomings and faults.
I pray to our rabb that He keep us steadfast on our deen.
I pray that He help us increase our taqwa/piety and iman/faith.

Assalamalikum
Please remember me in your duas.

No comments:

Post a Comment